Friday, September 26, 2014

September 26, 2014

    For my presentation next week on my project, I've decided that I'm going to design a cover for my poetry collection, which still isn't titled by the way (oops). I have this image in my head that I really hope translates well onto paper.
    I think I am going to do a reading as well, and I think the only challenge with that is that I will have to pick just one to read.
    For how my actual presentation part explaining my work, I plan on starting off talking about how I moved around a lot, how I struggled with depression, and about my long-distance relationship, all of which directly affect how I write. Then I'm going to go on to talk about how I first tried to write a novel based around a long-distance relationship, and how that was going really well, my experiences really helping with the writing process, then suddenly just faded until I couldn't continue it anymore without getting frustrated. With this slide I plan on having some of the character sketches I had done.
    Then I'll explain my poetry collection, and why I picked the central theme of home and how all of the poems fit into this category. This slide will also include sketches I had done. There are a few poems where I loved the imagery that came out so I drew them out, and I think that will be cool to include into this explanation.
    I will then talk about the challenges of writing this collection, and how writers block, rhythm, staying on topic, and trying to tie all the poems together caused some problems. I'll also talk about how these challenges helped me grow as a writer by now being able to take those experiences and apply them to my other writing.
    After this is when I plan on doing spoken word.
    For my closing remarks I'll explain how I hope to add more to this collection, as well as add short stories in between certain poems.
   ---
Abbey Nichole
   

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan.

    I hate coming up with titles! I might be able to help if the project isn't my own. 10/10

    ReplyDelete